Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Day of rest, my increasingly well-toned posterior...

As I may well have mentioned, this Sunday (19th March), I’m doing the Adidas London Half-Marathon, which for reasons best known to Adidas, is being held this year at Silverstone (yes, the race track in Northamptonshire). I know - it IS odd, isn’t it?

Anyhow, I’d be very grateful if you’d sponsor me – not for my own benefit, however; I’m running to raise money for Radio Forest, the hospital radio station who have been kind enough to let me use their record library and equipment on Tuesday nights for… ooh, must be a couple of years now. Radio Forest is a registered charity, and runs two channels, which are on 24 hours a day. As this is all done voluntarily, I’m sure you can imagine it’s far from cheap to run (not least because of the number of chocolate biscuits and cups of tea I demand as a backstage perk before I’ll even think about putting on a show).

So if you’d like to sponsor me for doing the 13.1 miles (that’s 21 kilometres in new money, I gather) this weekend, I’d be very grateful. A couple of people have said that they felt faintly uncomfortable about entering their details on online sponsor forms I’ve set up in the past, so you’ll be relieved to know that the arrangement this time doesn’t necessitate having your name or amount in any way displayed online, but instead allows you to go straight to a page which lets you donate to Radio Forest – of course, if you’d prefer to wait until I’ve actually done the running, and for me to let you know how long it took and how much it hurt me, I’ll be happy to let you know about that too. Though just to set some kind of baseline – and here’s where I make a rod for my own back – I’m hoping to complete it in less than two hours… still, we’ll see.

Anyway, if you’d like to donate/sponsor, the following link will take you to the appropriate webpage, which also gives more information about Radio Forest: http://www.givenow.org/charityprofile/radioforest

Thanks – please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions about any of this!

No comments: