Thursday, July 19, 2007

Plagues and Plagiarism

Two things relating to Jane Austen (which is as surprising to me as it is to you; I don't really care for her stuff):

Firstly, this amuses me - it might not be wholly damning (they might only have one form rejection letter, after all), but it was kind of amusing. Though slightly negative, as it allows rejectees to say 'Ah, so this is why my genius goes unacknowledged', and other would-be writers to think that submitted material goes unread. Though that might clear the field a bit, hmm...

And secondly, following on from the success of Life on Mars, ITV have announced a show called Lost in Austen, about a woman who finds herself in the works of Jane Austen. A fun idea, but I would say that, as I enjoyed the book The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, which features a woman who finds she's able to ... oh, however did you guess?

No comments: