Friday, February 29, 2008

LINK: Free book! Yes, Free! And Not A Rubbish One, Either!

I think I've mentioned before that I like the work of Neil Gaiman; I first came across his stuff in comics, but he's written for TV and books since then, and he was also involved in the recent films 'Stardust' and 'Beowulf'. So, I think it's obvious he's no slouch in the writing department.

And Neil's not exactly sluggish when it comes to blogging either - his journal is updated regularly, and frequently has interesting links and answers to readers' questions. Certainly worth a look, which is why it's listed in the column to the right. Ah yes.

But the reason for this post is because Neil (and I call him by his first name because, well, that's what I'd do if I was talking with him) recently asked readers of his blog to vote for one of his books to be made available online, for free.

The votes were counted, and the winner was 'American Gods' from a couple of years ago. I bought it when it came out in paperback, and thought it was a cracking read - and I'm clearly not alone in that, as it won the 2002 Hugo, Nebula and Bram Stoker awards for Best Novel.

So, if you go here in the next 28 days, you can read American Gods for free.

And, as I paid something like £6.99 for my copy of it, that's money I've saved you, so how about you buy me a cup of tea and some cake next time we meet up, eh ?

No comments: