Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

Well, what better way to round off things on this blog than to post a picture which I don't have the real right to post, but which is, y'know, of me? Seems about right somehow.

Anyway, this blog is not dying, it's moving - or, to be more accurate, I'll be moving my attentions to my 'new blog' and so I doubt I'll be posting here again (techical issues permitting) for the foreseeable future.

The reason for the move is pretty simple, really - for some time, I've been looking into trying to 'streamline' the number of places and locations I occupy online, and so I've revamped and reshaped my website so that it now includes automatic updates on my Twitter messages, and so it only seems logical that I shift the blog updates over there too.

I speak with utter confidence about this move, but of course if the server crashes or my technical ability reaches its limits, I may well be here again, so I won't be deleting this blog. Many of the links which you can see in the right-hand column are on the new site, so you don't have to feel lost and disoriented if you just use his blog as a stepping-stone to other people's pages. I don't mind being the guardian of the crossroads, even if Robert Johnson had his misgivings...

Anyway, I hope you'll come and visit the new blog, and maybe you'll even be so kind as to add John Soanes to your list of bookmarks? Thanks in advance.

Finally, if this is your last time of visiting, many thanks for your time and eyeballs over the last few years. It's much appreciated, and as intermittent as my updates may have been in the last year or so, it's always been reassuring to know that you fine folks were out there reading my nonsense. Seriously, you've been fantastic.

And you know what? So was I.

No comments: