Friday, November 28, 2008

Red Planet Prize - Second Round Announcements

Well, I gather people have started hearing if they're through to the next stage of this year's Red Planet Prize.

I haven't heard anything, so I guess no news is bad news, right? But maybe it's a case of 'not heard yet', so I'll just keep clicking F9 to refresh my e-mail Inbox for a few more hours yet.

I know David has made it through, any other folks heard good news? Congratulations if you did.

UPDATED TO SAY: They sent an e-mail this afternoon, which is good, as it stops me wondering if I'd missed a vital e-mail. A nice touch, I think, as whether it's yes or no, it prevents me waiting needlessly.

5 comments:

laurence timms said...

I made it through. Strangely, I haven't tired of telling everyone that yet.

Current favourite phrase: "If nothing else, I'll always be able to describe myself as a Red Planet Prize 2008 Finalist"

Erm. How do you take your tea>

John Soanes said...

Oh, well done! How quickly do they want the full script, if you don't mind me asking?
J

laurence timms said...

They said "as soon as possible". I'm reading that as Monday, which I don't think is unreasonable.

John Soanes said...

That sounds about right to me, a weekend to tweak and polish.

As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm just blaming the absence of an e-mail on my over-zealous spam filter. Ahem.

Seriously, though: congratulations.

J

laurence timms said...

Thanks awfully. It's very hard to know why some got thru and some didn't. It's a shame they can't give feedback to everyone.