Wednesday, November 16, 2005

LIST : Anti-Social Wurlitzer

Do you have music running through your head all day ? Of course you do. Don’t lie.

The following is a list of the music that provided my internal soundtrack to Tuesday - or at least, the ones I remembered to write down:

• Long-View : Electricity
• Not the Nine O'Clock News : There's A Man In Iran
• Robbie Williams : Radio (the opening line segueing into 'Let's Call the Whole Thing Off' - it does kinda work, try it)
• Soundtrack from The Singing Detective (I think it may be Al Jolson?): After You've Gone
• Enigma : That track they used on the Matrix trailer (I think it's from their second album)
• The Smiths: Please please please let me get what I want
• Greig (I think): That piano item used to such great effect in the Morecombe and Wise/Andrew Preview performance
• Madonna: Frozen
• Bowie: Suffragette City
• Thompson Twins : Hold Me Now
• Del Amitri : Surface of the Moon

None of the above were deliberately prompted in my mind, I hasten to add, and I listened to none of them prior to them appearing on Radio Myhead FM.

I offer no other commentary on this list. You may draw your own conclusions. I know I have.

No comments: