Thursday, October 26, 2006

November: no more is NaNoWriMo a no-no, it's a go-go

... which is to say that this year, I've decided to have a go at National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo).

Granted, I'm about halfway through a novel already, but that's been the case for too damn long, and it's time to get that story all finished so I can get on with the next one, which is niggling away at my mind like the thought of a friend I really ought to spend some time with.

So I've signed up at www.nanowrimo.org, and so like a sizable number of people (it's more international than national, really), I'll be endeavouring to get 50,000 words done during November. Many of them are starting from scratch, but I'm using the communal aspect of it to motivate me to get 'Coming Back To Haunt You' finished (or at least its first draft). I shall no doubt update you as next month progresses, but if you know for a fact I'm skiving off when I should be doing some writing, I respectfully request you send me a harrassing e-mail at getworkingskiver@johnsoanes.co.uk. I'll probably make excuses at the time, but I'll thank you for it really.

And if you feel like you might want to join in, why not visit the NaNoWriMo site and sign up?They say that everyone has a book in them, after all...

No comments: