Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Gon Out Backson Bisy Backson*

A variety of things are keeping me from posting at the moment, so I'd respectfully point your attention to the list of blog-links at right, where you'll find many amusing and insightful clusters of words to keep you entertained whilst I'm uncharacteristically quiet.

Bus silence isn't necessarily a bad thing, as Debussy, Depeche Mode and Luigi Russolo knew. And as 'Codename V' puts it so memorably in the (original graphic novel version of) 'V for Vendetta':
"...silence is a fragile thing. One loud noise and it's gone. Noise is relative to the silence preceding it. The more absolute the hush, the more shocking the thunderclap".

Granted, saying that kind of builds up the expectation that my next post (probably in a few days' time) will be something arse-kickingly great, but I simply couldn't resist the temptation to post that quote.

*If you don't recognise that phrase, I'd respectfully suggest that you (as Gillian McKeith might homonymically agree) pay a bit more attention to Pooh.

No comments: