Thursday, November 29, 2007

Solidarnosc!

No posting yesterday, by way of showing solidarity with the striking writers in the USA. It was, in case you didn't know, an International Day of Solidarity.

Stand strong, my WGA friends, and you shall soon be free (or, at least, more appropriately remunerated for your work)!

Don't know if you saw any coverage, but there was a gathering outside the TUC here in London - there's a report on the WGGB site , a picture on Elinor's blog here , and James has a write-up on it here .

As for the strike itself, the Studios and the WGA are holding talks this week after agreeing to get round the table again, though as I understand it, information about progress is being kept schtum so that leaks don't prejudice or hamper things. Fair enough, I guess. I will, of course, let you know as soon as I hear anything.

And in the meantime, if you feel cheated by the absence of an update yesterday, maybe that's a sign of just how important writing, and by extension, writers are ? I think so. Oh yes. Yes indeedy.

No comments: