Tuesday, July 29, 2008

From My Virtual Postbag

It’s not all spam offering me the chance to buy some V1@gra - here's a genuine e-mail I received today:

"We thought that you might be interested to know that tickets are now available for a brand new entertainment show taping at The ITV Studios, Waterloo this Sunday! As with all of our shows, the tickets are FREE!

MY LITTLE SOLDIER - hosted by Bradley Walsh

My Little Soldier is a brand new entertainment show for Saturday nights, which will be recorded this Sunday, where children are the stars of the show, but without realising it! Children are given a task by their parents and we follow their hilarious antics on a hidden camera. The children will then be surprised in the studio by our host, Bradley Walsh.

If you would like to join us in the studio, then apply now!

The show will be recorded at The ITV London Studios, Waterloo on Sunday 3rd August 2008 at 1.30pm.

Booking is now open and you may apply online via our website at http://www.sroaudiences.com or by replying to this email"

...No, I shan't be going to watch the filming. To be honest, I doubt I'll be watching the finished product either, as … well, let's just say that it doesn't really sound like my kind of thing.

The words 'ITV' and 'entertainment show for Saturday nights' made me sceptical, and then they mentioned Bradley Walsh was hosting it.

Besides, I've seen 'Child's Play' and 'Hider In The House' (the TV shows, not the films of the same names), and I think that's probably enough of that sort of thing for me.

No comments: