Thursday, September 10, 2009

Giving You A Lead, Talking Up Another Writer... Is There No End To My Magnificent Munificence?

Despite the fact I could do without the competition, I'd be remiss if I didn't draw your attention to this writing opportunity: the BBC Radio 4 comedy programme Recorded For Training Purposes is inviting writers to send in sketches.

This is the fourth series of 'RFTP', as all the cool kids call it, and they genuinely have used sketches from people who've sent them in - why, none other than Lord Jason of Arnopp sent stuff in to them last year, and now he's been commissioned to write stuff for the forthcoming series. That's right, he went from being a speculative sender to one of the people on the inside. IT CAN BE DONE.

Anyway, I'll definitely be giving this a go - full details can be found via the link above, including the general themes that they're looking for (in addition to asking that all submissions huddle comfortably under the umbrella theme of 'communication').

The closing date is midnight on October 2 (though one has to hope that they won't be there that late - long hours could mean they get tired and overlook the genius of my material), but I think I'll be starting to work on this sooner rather than later...

Oh, and did I mention that they're asking for no more than two sketches from each person? Ah yes, looks like I just did in that previous sentence. Good. Would have looked like an idiot if I'd neglected to mention that, and as regular readers (or even those with chronic constipation) will know, looking stupid is the last thing I'd want to happen.

No comments: