Sunday, October 04, 2009

The 24 Hour Book Challenge

Just wrapping up in sunny South London is the 24 Hour Book Challenge.

It started yesterday, and a group of writers have been working on a book based around a group of city centre allotments - having started the writing at 10am yesterday and finished it at 10am this morning, a group of volunteers is currently knocking it into printworthy shape and it'll be on sale as of tomorrow. Follow the above link for more details of what sounds to me like a rather interesting challenge.

On the subject of novels written in a brief time - and unlike the above, you can get involved - it's just under a month until the start of 2009's National Novel Writing Month. I don't think I'm eligible to take part as I've already started my book, but are any of you good people intending to have a go?

No comments: