Monday, January 21, 2008

You're Fired! (Work Your Notice)

Sometimes in life, you find yourself in agreement with people who you really wouldn't expect to have any common ground with. For me, the latest example of this was when I read an interview with Donald Trump , wherein he said the following:

"...I just hate what's happened to this country. We've gone to a country that's no longer respected. We're in a war that we should have never -- and by the way, I'm worse than any hawk there is in terms of military and in terms of defending ourselves. But Saddam Hussein didn't knock down the World Trade Center. He had nothing to do with it. And there were no weapons of mass destruction. There was nothing."

And then he goes on to refer to Bush as a "total disaster".

Isn't there an adage about 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'? Well, it looks like I should now consider Donald Trump as a friend. Just hope he doesn't get jealous of my naturally flowing locks.

Anyway, the good news for my new pal Donald, and the rest of the world, is that in one year's time, George W Bush will be out of the White House. One year today, folks - let's face it, whether Hillary or Obama or Guiliani or Lex Luthor succeeds him, it's going to be an improvement.

No comments: