Friday, August 08, 2008

And I Have Promises To Keep (Part 1 of 2)

















Back in June, I promised that if I wasn't a winner of the the Waterstones 'What's Your Story?' competition, I'd post my entry here on't blog.

Well, as you can gather from the fact there's a picture above these words, I didn't win, and so I'm sharing (if you click on the image, it'll be more easily legible).

You can find out who did win by clicking here, and while you're at it, why not order a copy of the book version?

All the profits go to charity, and as well as the winning entries it features not-published-anywhere-else material by writers like Neil Gaiman and Joanne 'J.K.' Rowling.

Go on, it's only a fiver...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope they do it again next year because I carefully crafted a 100-page story, whittled it down to 100 words - only to discover the competition closed that morning!

It's now burning a hole on my laptop desktop.

Wyndham

John Soanes said...

I don't suppose it's sufficiently love-oriented you could re-tool it for the competition mentioned in yesterday's post?
J

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, that's exactly what I'm going to be doing. Lucky that I'm an old romantic.

W

John Soanes said...

Good stuff - recycling's a positive thing!
J