Monday, February 09, 2009

BAFTA Winners 2009 Announced

As you've probably seen by now, the BAFTAs were dished out last night - the complete list of winners is available on the BAFTA website.

Although I haven't seen as many of the films as I'd like to have (yet), it strikes me as a pretty good mix of titles, and I can imagine it's a particularly cheering night for the folks behind Slumdog Millionaire, as it looked for a while as if it was going to be a straight-to-DVD release; instead of heading immediately for the shelf, it now has a shelfload of awards, which must be even more satisfying for them.

And in what I think is rather unfortunate timing, the Grammy Awards were also handed out last night. These cover the period October 2007 - September 2008, which kind of explains why I was looking at some of the nominations and thinking 'isn't that a bit old to be in the running for an award?'

No comments: