Friday, March 06, 2009

Should We Really Venerate The Young?

Opening in UK cinemas today, the film Young Victoria, about the life of Queen Victoria.

Interestingly, one of the producers of this film is Sarah Ferguson, along with Martin Scorcese, and the film's written by Julian Fellowes, who wrote Gosford Park. And as you can see if you click the picture here, there's quite an impressive cast too.

But I know what you're thinking: you're wondering if the fact that the film has the word Young in the title bodes well or ill, in a manner akin to the numbering of Star Trek films. Well, m'loves, you're in luck - to assist in knowing whether Young Victoria's title formulation makes it likely to be what we film buffs call 'good' or 'bad', I present a selection of other films beginning with this word...

















...hmm, looks like about a 33.3% chance of succeeding, on the basis of my very scientific approach.

I left out Young Guns II, because I felt that would have skewed the numbers. Somehow, I think you'll find it in your heart to forgive me.

2 comments:

The Factory said...

Whatever happened to Yahoo Serious ? Execution I reckon.

John Soanes said...

Both his follow-up films failed to make much money; the first outside Australia, and the second generally.
I'm just guessing, of course.
*Ahem*
J