Friday, August 31, 2007

As Russell Brand Might Put It, "'Citing!"

I've been working away on it for a while now, and this week has seen me thrashing at it with some vigour (hence the lack of posts), but I'm pleased - to say the least - to be able to honestly say that I've just e-mailed off my entry to the Red Planet Prize, a screenplay competition.

The prizes are very good indeed - £5000, representation and a commission - and as I've said before, I'm trying to get into film/TV/radio writing, so I was spurred on to submit the first ten pages (as required under the rules) of my first screenplay 'Broken Glass'. Hopefully not my last screenplay, though.

I e-mailed it, along with a synopsis and a mini-biography of me, about an hour ago, and receipt has been acknowledged. So now all I have to do is wait.

Well, that and make sure I've got the other 80-odd pages of 'Broken Glass' ready to hand over if I get to the next round (notification is in October, I think).

But don't be fooled by the measured and sedate tone of this post: basically, my feelings about the subject boil down to one word running through my head: Yeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: