Saturday, July 25, 2009

He's Back... And You Never Even Noticed He Was Gone

Well, the ongoing updates here should have meant that you didn't even know I was on holiday - that's a professional level of service, I know - but I have been, and now I'm back.

Where was I, you ask? I'm glad you asked...

That's right, Mrs Soanes and I went on a rather belated honeymoon to India. I'll post more pictures, and some simply gripping travellers' tales, over the next few days.

In the meantime, you may have seen about the longest total solar eclipse of the sun this century which took place this week. We were there, and it was awe-inspiring; our view of it, over the Ganges in Varanasi, was as you can see at about 0'29" in this BBC video:



Because, y'know, nothing says 'romantic honeymoon' better than the sun turning black and darkness cloaking the face of the earth.

No comments: