Wednesday, July 01, 2009

It's Wednesday, It's Just Past Five, It's...

... a handful of minutes past the deadline for the BBC CBBC Writing Competition.

So, did any of you fine people enter? According to Royal Mail (yes, I know - hardly the most reliable of sources), my script was delivered this morning, and I know that Lawrence, Antonia and Dom have all entered too, so that's at least four people. Any more?

Like many of the folks linked above, I rather enjoyed writing my script - which is called, at Mrs Soanes's suggestion, The Secret Life Of A Bookworm - and was fairly pleased with how it turned out, even if, what with it being the first of a possible series, I had to get some exposition out of the way before I could get to the action. Still, I hope I did it pretty well, and I keep my fingers crossed about hearing back from the Beeb for the next stage, a workshop on Tuesday 28 July for the select(ed) few.

On the subject of hearing back, I see from the BBC Writersroom site that they intend to let people know if they're through to the next round on Friday 10 July - that is, next Friday. Quite soon, then, but that's certainly better than keeping people waiting.

And now this deadline is past, it's on, on, ON to the next bit of writing! To the novel, and don't spare the clauses*!

*Grammar, I mean, not Santa's family.

No comments: